- Our price will be based on current costs. Our quotations are valid for 28 days and, thereafter, subject to confirmation.
- Our quotation will be for the total number of products; partial acceptance only of our quote may affect the prices.
- Our estimate will be based on the assumption that off-site payments will be made for materials received and set aside at our premises for the contract in the event of a delay caused to our works through no fault of our own.
- Our price will have been calculated without detailed information on structural openings and without survey and so could be subject to variation on sight of same.
- Our price is for installation into clean pre-prepared square and accurately dimensioned openings and will not include for any builders work or removal of existing doors/windows.
- VAT will be charged at the prevailing rate which is currently 20%.
- Our terms are nett for payment. No Retention or MCD is to be deducted. Our company policy is to provide the best possible service and product we can offer at fair and competitive rates. If your policy dictates retention must be taken, then we reserve the right to amend our quotation
- Our payment terms for Domestic Projects are 50% payment deposit and 50% prior to delivery of materials. Commercial Contracts are 30% payment deposit, 50% prior to delivery, 20% on completion of CGS Ltd works, strictly payable within 14 days of invoice date. Completion means all items/product are on site and fitted. Any adjustments or snagging items do not fall within the definition of ‘completion of works’, and, therefore, will not be accepted as a reason to withhold or delay payment. Payment is defined as cleared funds.
- Site Surveys are not included in our quotation unless specified. Surveys are charged at £400 + VAT each and are payable in advance. Where a survey is included in a quotation it will be included in the initial deposit, should it be required prior to order and deposit we will charge £400 + VAT and this amount will be credited to your account.
- Our price does not include for Structural Engineers Calculations, Steel work, Electrical works, Builders work, Excavation of floor closer boxes, Trims and Flashings, Trickle Ventilation, Specialist Glass Coatings or Manifestation unless specified.
- No allowance will have been made for any hoardings, crane, access, parking fees, product protection or cleaning unless specified.
- All vertical distribution of CGS materials and plant to be undertaken by Main Contractor or CGS employer.
- CGS Ltd do not accept any Liquidated and Ascertained Damages, Performance bonds or Collateral Warranties.
- CGS Ltd do not accept any incurred Costs for delays caused by others (which we reserve the right to claim back and invoice for as and when they occur.
- Glass: All glazing is supplied in accordance with the Glass and Glazing Federation Guidelines. Please be aware, that some minor imperfections (scratches, chips marks or abrasions, lamination imperfections / contaminates or ‘tricks of the light etc) are considered acceptable. A copy of the guidelines and our statement of conformity can be supplied upon request.
- Fittings: Will be stainless steel, PPC, satin anodised or galvanised finish as quoted.
- Finish: Polyester powder coated from the RAL colour range, one colour, standard finish only. Alternative finishes such as Metallic and Dual Colours are extra.
- Installation is usually 6-8 weeks from receipt of order and cleared deposit and after agreement of all necessary details including the acceptance of approval drawings where applicable. Installation time will vary from project to project but will be advised at quotation stage.
- Initial drawings will be submitted within 2 weeks from receipt of all information required to produce them. This period does not allow for any re-draws required due to lack of information provided by our customer or any 3rd parties or any other reason requiring de design / re draw through no fault of CGS Ltd. Re-draws may be 1 – 2 days dependant on requirements or could be a week if more detailed. More than one redraw through no fault of CGS may be chargeable at £50/hr.
- Contemporary Glass Structures Ltd installers will offload our delivery vehicles and move to installation area within a distance of 50 metres. On supply only contracts it is the customers responsibility to offload their products from delivery vehicles and transport to required installation area
- Glass lifting and silicone works are weather dependant, it is not possible to carry out these works if the weather is either too cold or too wet. Should we have to delay or leave site due to weather conditions we will drop onto another project that is not and will only return to site when that project is at a suitable position to leave. In all cases we will not leave any project at risk and will endeavour to ensure any delays are minimal.
- All works to be carried out in normal working hours. i.e. Monday to Friday 8-00am to 4-00pm. Night or weekend work will be charged for at pre agreed rates.
- Any order arising from this quotation is subject to our written acceptance
- Retention of title clause: All goods remain the property of Contemporary Glass Structures Limited until paid for in full. Guarantees will only be honoured once goods are paid for in full.
- Deposits are Non-Refundable for any reason, however, under exceptional circumstances and directors discretion a refund less the cost of any works already undertaken may be agreed.
- E & OE
- All clauses (1 to 26 inclusive) form part of this quotation and will be deemed as being accepted as such once an order is placed.
Contemporary Glass Structures Ltd, 69 Knowles Hill, Rolleston-On-Dove, Staffordshire, DE13 9DZ
Registered in England and Wales Company No: 7742623
Blue Squirrel Design